The healthcare industry is growing at a rapid pace. Visiting a doctor without a queue or even leaving the house is now possible at almost any time. Although this scenario still sounds like a dream and an idea of perfect health care to many, in practice, we are increasingly convinced that it is possible. The […]
The healthcare industry is growing at a rapid pace. Visiting a doctor without a queue or even leaving the house is now possible at almost any time. Although this scenario still sounds like a dream and an idea of perfect health care to many, in practice, we are increasingly convinced that it is possible. The development of new technologies – including mobile apps for hospitals – is helping. What are the current trends in medical mobile app development? That’s what you’ll find out from the article!
3 hot trends in mobile health care applications development
The market for mobile apps is continuously developing. This applies without exception to all industries, including medical. There are many types of mobile apps for hospitals with different goals, offering a wide range of features. From applications for managing medical records and keeping treatment plans in one place, to apps for doctors where medical professionals can share their experience and ask for advice, to applications that allow doctors to monitor a patient’s treatment process, collect test results and other medical records, or those dedicated to scheduling visits for patients. There are many possibilities, however, to create a useful mobile application for the hospital, it is undoubtedly necessary to follow current trends and try to adapt them to the needs of a given medical institution. Get to know the most important of them!
1. Big data and cloud technologies in healthtech development
Patients today want a personalized approach based on their medical data. The data collected comes from m-Health applications, home medical devices and healthcare-related apps or devices, provide a personalized approach and support early detection and treatment of diseases such as depression, diabetes, stroke or cancer.
With cloud and big data technologies, patients’ medical data can be stored, integrated and monitored by cloud-based machine learning algorithms, enabling physicians to set trends, predict and prevent disease before it happens. The use of big data and cloud technology in mobile applications is also useful for:
- increasing the share of preventive medical care,
- digitizing medical records and enabling real-time data on patient health,
- to eliminate medical errors,
- to provide personalized treatment.
This allows big data and cloud technologies used in mobile applications in the healthcare sector to bridge the information gap between the patient and the healthcare provider, allowing doctors to make more informed decisions or share patient information with other professionals.
2. IoMT – Internet of Medical Things
IoMT is a combined infrastructure of medical devices, applications and health systems and services. Small and large healthcare facilities have begun to take a close look at the possibilities offered by mobile apps based on it. Where did this trend come from? There are many reasons why m-Health technologies draw on IoT. Among them are:
- the ability to generate, collect, analyze, and transfer patient health data within and outside a medical facility,
- transforming raw medical data into valuable information to prevent disease or even anticipate pandemic risks,
- support preventive medical care,
- the possibility of making a more accurate diagnosis and avoiding mistakes in medical art,
- improving the management of medical facilities – including reducing operating costs.
As you can see, the number of potential IoMT projects in the healthcare sector is enormous. This trend will continue. The primary examples are and will be all telemedical networks that allow for monitoring the patient’s condition, tracking selected parameters, i.e. temperature, blood pressure and respiratory activities. Mobile applications for hospitals, based on IoMT, provide a cheaper and less invasive way to manage health, reduce the number of doctor’s visits, facilitate the tracking of patients’ health and ensure proper use of medicines.
3. Artificial Intelligence in the Healthcare Industry
Artificial intelligence in medicine and healthcare, combined with mobile apps, to organize treatment plans better while providing doctors with all the information they may need to make the right diagnosis. Artificial Intelligence also assists in facilitating repetitive tasks, drug management or creating new medicines. Besides, AI is a hot trend in the development of mobile apps for hospitals and is revolutionizing the industry, in the area of:
- Medical records – which, thanks to mobile solutions, can be accessed anytime, anywhere. Recently, Google launched Google DeepMind Health, which is now used to search medical records to offer more efficient and faster health-related services.
- Designing treatment plans – based on analysis of structured and unstructured data from clinical records that are critical to the selection process followed by the finalization of the therapeutic approach. An example is a plan for oncologists from IBM Watson.
- Online medical consultations – which are possible thanks to dedicated apps using AI. Based on the patient’s medical history, reported symptoms and available medical knowledge, AI-based apps compare the symptoms with the disease database using the speech recognition method and then propose a course of action that the patient should take.
- Patient health monitoring – AI also helps to develop mobile apps dedicated to the care of patients suffering from chronic diseases.
The inclusion of AI in mobile medical apps is estimated to grow the value of the healthcare market to over $6.6 billion by 2021.
As can be seen from the above examples, the development of mobile hospital apps using the latest technologies and solutions gives virtually limitless opportunities. It is important to know the hospital’s needs well before working on a dedicated mobile application. Then creating a mobile app will improve its functioning and positively influence the quality of treatment.
The active development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) plays an increasingly important role in the analysis, diagnosis and monitoring of patient treatment. It also improves patient-doctor contact and automatic reporting. Will modern technologies revolutionize the current health care system? This is what you will learn from the article. What is Artificial Intelligence in medicine? In a […]Read more
The revolution brought by the Internet of Things (IoT) is beginning to take over more and more areas of everyday life. This also includes the use of such solutions in medicine and health care. This phenomenon is already so common that it has its name – IoMT (Internet of Medical Things). How does IoMT support […]Read more
The development of mobile applications dedicated to healthcare has brought about a significant change in the once traditional healthcare industry. What used to involve spending a lot of money, waiting in long queues or consulting many professionals is now often reduced to using a mobile application. By using it, we will make an appointment, consult […]Read more